Sunday, September 15, 2013

Where Halloween masks go to die.


I was at a flea market a few weeks ago and I spotted a Frankenstein mask very similar to the one pictured here.  When I went over to investigate, I found several others...a witch, devil, gorilla, and so on. Most of them were on the floor, in the dirt, behind a big, elaborate case.  I knocked over a few priceless antiques and made my way to them...they were all dirty,  stapled together and cracked in several places. I thought about rescuing them for posterity sake, they obviously weren't where they should be.  But I flipped over their little price-tags...only to discover that I'm pretty sure the keepers of the shop knew what they had...they just didn't care. Meanwhile, in that big elaborate case, locked up from Halloween scoundrels, was a string of vintage Christmas lights...from the 50's...still in their original box...with a little handwritten sign that read 'fragile'.

Christmas:  for assholes.



image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment